The country of Belize is a sovereign and independent country that is situated on Central America’s northeast coast. On the east is the Caribbean, the northwest is Mexico, and on the west and south is Guatemala. It has an area of about 8868 square miles with a population of about 387,000. Its mainland is about 189 miles long and 68 miles wide. Belize has the lowest population and population density than anywhere else in Central America. Its population grows at a rate of about 1.87% each year and is the 2nd highest in the region and one of the highest in the Western Hemisphere.
Many retire here
If you go on a vacation to Belize and fall in love with the country, RE/MAX Belize is quite happy to find you land to invest in. Because of the warm-weather conditions as well as the enjoyment of life in this little country many Americans buy the property and retire to Belize. You will not find a more beautiful place to retire than the sandy island hideaways such as Ambergris Caye, to palm-line strips of coast such as Placencia. There are also jungle retreats such as the Cayo District.
Many Americans choose to retire here because your pension and social security can give you a very high standard of living in Belize. There are many expats currently living in this country. The temperature rarely drops below the 70s thanks to the surrounding warmth of the Caribbean.
Belize is known for the following:
- The top spot for expats – especially Americans – including a quiet, tidy town on the ocean with all the amenities you need. A couple can live quite comfortably on less than $1846 per month, rent included. You can’t live in the United States on that amount of money.
- If you are 45 or older, you can use Belize’s QRP program to slash your taxes and gain residence there.
- You can retire on the beach and get a one-bedroom condo with a pool, bars nearby and a great restaurant for less than $99,000.
- Insider intelligence about good-value healthcare; real estate bargains, visas, the climate in Belize and more.
- The Caribbean is pricey in some places, but in those places such as Belize it is downright cheap – offering postcard-perfect coastal hideaways where you can live better, spend less and enjoy the sand, beautiful palm trees, and the warm turquoise waters right outside your door.